I spent 20 minutes or so talking about Wired Journalists and Ning with Pat Thornton last week for a BeatBlogging.org podcast.
Here are some highlights from Pat’s list of questions:
- Would you choose Ning again if you could start over?
- How specific should a topic be for a Ning site to be specific?
- How many users are needed for a quality Ning network?
- How do you get the most out of Ning?
- What tips or tricks do you have for people interested in setting up a network?
I hope I did a relatively decent job of answering those, or at the very least, explaining the easiest way to find the answers to those questions.
You’ll hear mentions of a few Ning-powered social networks at newspapers, including Your Santa Cruz Sports and School Matters (in Knoxville, TN).
What don’t we know about news organizations using Ning? Say so in the comments at BeatBlogging.org.