Now that I’m back from vacation, here’s what’s on my to-do list for, uh, the foreseeable future:
- Finish developing the pre-alpha version of ReportingOn and launch it. Like, really, really soon.
- Go to SND/APME next week, speak on Sunday, go to some awesome sessions and pimp ReportingOn to every editor I meet.
- Write the first draft of my graduate school project report regarding ReportingOn.
- Get someone to redesign Wired Journalists, or run a contest inviting users to edit their own theme and submit it. The winner gets, um, a prize of some sort, and all sorts of link love.
- Think about developing a Wired Journalists job board. Seems like there are plenty of spots to place ads for generic news jobs, but nowhere to place an ad for a high-end online news job somewhere frequented by the best in their class… This could be profitable, yes? Authentic Jobs is the model.
- Put up another baby gate or two. The kid loves practicing her walking with my help.
- Write much more for Idealab.
- Do something interesting with a domain I bought recently: newstangle.com.
- Talk with Canon and other companies about sponsoring Wired Journalists so we have some gear to give away by the end of the year. Let me know if you’re interested in getting involved. (In giving stuff away, that is.)
- Move this blog to Django and redesign it, adding a hardcore linkblog element instead of aggregating it from the cloud.
So what’s on your list?