I’ve been quietly working up a redesign for this blog at random moments a few minutes at a time. I was due to make a change — the last iteration lasted more than eight months.
You’ll find the usual bells and whistles and links down low, past a few recent posts.
Differences and details:
- Bluer. Cleaner. Typographical. Light on images.
- An emphasis on words, not “content.”
- “In Other News” is now served by my Google Reader linkblog.
- “Elsewhere” is delicious.
- Inspiration included Daring Fireball, and the iA theme Zac Echola has been using, plus the theme Daniel Sato switched to not too long ago.
- Also crucial: Compose to a vertical rhythm.
- Built in WordPress 2.3+ on top of Sandbox 1.0, with the markup adjusted in quite a few places to serve my needs and cater to my obsessions regarding lists and divs.
I made a conscious effort to make this look a little more like a blog and a little less like a news site. And it was fun. You’ll find more posts on the homepage, which makes me happier about posting more often. We’ll see how that works out.
There are, as usual, a few unfinished bits, such as the navigation that points to about and work pages. I’ll get to that.
Is the type too small? Is anything out of place in IE6? Why are you using IE6? Stop doing that, right now.