Does that count as the first thing? No?
Fine. Here goes:
- I spent my 21st birthday in Central Booking in Manhattan. Lesson learned: Being the loudest guy at the protest has consequences, no matter how diplomatic you are when you talk to the cops all day long. Takeaway? I’m hardcore.
- I have done quite a few of the silly-name jobs in the movie business. I can explain in painfully exquisite detail what a Gaffer does, how that differs from a Key Grip’s job, why you should stay out of the Dolly Grip’s way, and how there can possibly be more than one Best Boy.
- I self-published a book — in second grade — about Brisam, a hooded warrior of some sort who had a really cool sword and was on a mission to get some sort of special water out of a mountain. This was for a class, but it sounds like D&D was an influence.
- I met my wife in the middle of nowhere, working on a movie that was never finished, for a friend who ended up suing the director to get paid. The town was small, and the crew was large, so we became a bit of an attraction everywhere we went. There’s even a poem about a few of us leaving the bar (look for the one titled “Lured into…”)one of those nights. Not pictured in the poem? My wife.
- At the karaoke bar, I’m a rock star. Three words: Minnie the Moocher. Don’t try stealing my Cab Calloway routine, either.
There. That only took me five
minutes hours days.
Why did I do this? Well, Jay tagged Howard tagged Will tagged me (and Will tagged Danny tagged me). You can dig back further into that thread if you want, but if you really want to go down that rabbit hole, I’ve got a blonde joke for you.
Moving right along, it is now my pleasure to tag the following five bloggers:
Yes, it’s an all-SJSU lineup. What I really want to see is the five of them each link to five bloggers who aren’t on this list already… 🙂 Bring it on, and Happy Everything.