Because I couldn’t stop myself from clicking:
- Next generation iMacs to get a facelift, 17-inch model on the way out. Should we snag a cheap 17er now or wait for a snazzier 20-inch model?
- “The most authoritative newsletter covering the newspaper industry issued a gloomy prognosis for the business today and then, tellingly, went out of business.” Um, perhaps they could start a blog?
- Shaminder Dulai updates the free world on goings-on in the SJSU photojournalism department, tracking our hotshot photogs as they intern their way to glory and riches. Well, glory, anyway.
- Davin McHenry, web editor in Bakersfield, loves his job. I would too, if we had a parking structure around tall enough to drop a Twinkie from. Heck, I do love my job, because thanks to my co-workers, I know the secret ingredient that makes Twinkies so explosively delicious.
- Serious journalism won’t die as newsprint fades. Well that might just qualify as the no-shitter of the day, given how hard folks like Josh Marshall (and his readers) are working on the U.S. Attorneys story, and especially given what’s brewing over at Assignment Zero. If you still think journalism is something printed on paper in a big building with a press and barrels of ink in the basement… I find you interesting.
Enjoy your breakfast.