Here are the highlights, in no particular order, from my trip to Missouri and Kansas:
- Talking shop with Will Sullivan and Kurt Greenbaum from STLToday.com.
- Getting much better at making my presentation on the mysterious world of Web-first publishing.
- Watching reporters get excited about pothole maps and point & shoot video.
- Pizza and pitchers with Clyde Bentley, Isabelle, and Beth at Shakespeare’s in Columbia, MO.
- Looking over a publisher’s shoulder as he signed up for YouTube and posted a video he had edited while I talked with his news staff.
- Finding the best local lunch spots by looking for crowded parking lots.
- Driving through Kansas City, MO at sunset after three days in the middle of Missouri.