Google’s SVP of product management, in a memo rewritten for public use. The bits about journalism have been quoted in the last week, but not the most interesting ones. Read the whole section and you’ll see what I mean, perhaps.
Honestly, this site doesn’t do much right, but I love the way this crime map filters by DWI at the start. It’s a HUGE problem in Albuquerque, so it’s totally logical to point them out right away.
In no particular order, with little commentary, and limited accuracy on that whole “10 days” concept:
- Google Friend Connect: Just the tip of the iceberg.
- YouTube Citizen News: Aggregate, aggregate, aggregate.
- Disqus + Seesmic Video Comments: Say it, don’t spray it?
- MySpace and Facebook data availability: Bring your profile to the party.
- 3G iPhone coming in June at $199: Guaranteed to drive adoption into the stratosphere.
AdSense for video overlay ads launch in beta.
Notes on using Google spreadsheets and maps for quick data collaboration at LJWorld.com
Thankfully, someone used Google Code Search to find many instances of the word “fuck” in commented out code all over the Interweb. Put a smile on my face. via Joe M.
Great. Another thing that makes my new phone actually useful for work. Sheesh, thanks a lot GOOG.