Alternative business models for news
For Vin Crosbie‘s classes, here’s the list of links covering a brief tour of alternative business models for news.
(Note, I didn’t say “newspapers,” but I did say news. We’re talking about Journalism here, not necessarily the business of running an ink-on-paper industrial age enterprise.)
- MediaShift: Your guide to alternative business models for newspapers
- Crowdfunding: Spot.Us
- Customized PDFs: Printcasting
- Nonprofit: MinnPost.com
- Nonprofit: ProPublica.org
- Multi-platform niche: The Politico
- The real hyperlocal: The Island of Alameda, West Seattle Blog
- Making the leap: SeattlePI.com, AnnArbor.com
- Left behind?: InDenverTimes.com
What’s happening in online news right now?
For Jon Glass and the Newshouse crew, here’s the list of links to some of the most innovative work in online news today: