Think you have a viral video in hand? Plan ahead, using this guide from Amy Gahran.
This should be a great tool for tons of news organizations without a method in place for gathering video from their community. Also worth noting: It’s incredibly disruptive to the few companies that already do this for news orgs. With YouTube’s brand behind it, this should take off quickly.
In no particular order, with little commentary, and limited accuracy on that whole “10 days” concept:
- Google Friend Connect: Just the tip of the iceberg.
- YouTube Citizen News: Aggregate, aggregate, aggregate.
- Disqus + Seesmic Video Comments: Say it, don’t spray it?
- MySpace and Facebook data availability: Bring your profile to the party.
- 3G iPhone coming in June at $199: Guaranteed to drive adoption into the stratosphere.
Seriously, this is probably my all-time favorite video I’ve seen on YouTube.
“A wordpress plugin that lets your blog subscribers to attach flickr photos and youtube videos to their comments!”
Damn. I had forgotten how awesome DJ Premier is. This makes me want to pay attention to hip-hop again. via Stella.
Remember the whole ‘Should schools podcast lectures / will kids show up for class’ question? So 2005. Here’s UCB lectures on YouTube. In full.
Best. Thriller. Ever. Hundreds (thousands?) of prison inmates in the Philippines.
[yourtownnamehere] YouTube video of the week. Smart. Works as a topical thing, a la the IBA political blog’s Schwarzenegger Video of the Week, or as a geographic thing on a community site.
A look behind the curtain at YouTube’s compression settings and how to make the most of them. via Angela G.