A bulleted list of things that have caught my eye over the past few days, or things I’ve been involved in, or things I’d like to be involved in…
- Pat Thornton interviewed me for the BeatBlogging podcast. We talked about ReportingOn, what it could become, and (more important) what it could spawn if there are interested developers out there who want to take the next steps with the codebase.
- Joshua Porter wrote an interesting bit about carefully crafting leaderboards for your social Web app so they reward good behavior, not just any old participation at all.
- At Publish2, we released a WordPress plugin developed by our-intern-is-better-than-your-intern Daniel Bachhuber. The “link assist” feature is my favorite part. Matter of fact, I’m using it to write this very blog post right here.
- Chris Brogan, one of the few people who can really call himself a “social media expert” and get away with it, in my mind, shared his personal method and strategy for getting value out of thousands of friends and followers on Twitter.
- I made it onto an Ad Age list of “25 more media people you should follow” on Twitter, and suddenly I have a few hundred more followers, mostly advertising types.
OK, that’s five things. I’ll try to do this often-ish for those of you that don’t see me going on and on sharing links to this sort of thing every day on Twitter, Publish2, FriendFeed, or Google Reader.